Well, it is another cold and wet day here in, ahem, sunny Perth but my morning has been brightened by being nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you to Bethany Taylor from Hello Delicious for nominating me! Nice to know there’s people out there reading my ramblings…nice, and a little bit daunting. You should definitely check out Bethany’s blog – lots of yummy things on there to bake and try.
There are some rules that I have to follow in order to participate in this little award:
-Thank the person/people who nominated me and link back to them in my post.
-Share seven possibly unknown things about myself.
-Nominate 10 to 15 bloggers I admire. (That one might be a little bit harder…not because I don’t think there are lots of awesome bloggers out there, but because I am new to this and don’t have a huge list of favourites already. I don’t want to trawl the internet just for blogs just so I can make up a list. It seems a bit dishonest. So I’ll list as many as I can, ones that I DO look at regularly)
-Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
So, here goes the seven possibly unknown things about myself………
- I love Cheerios. I know, it’s sad. I’m 38 and I should be talking about the joys of stone ground oatmeal and psyllium husks or something. But I love
Cheerios. It makes getting out of bed in the morning worthwhile. They’re just, well, cheery!
- When I was sick in hospital with meningitis, I hallucinated quite a bit. The walls of the I.C.U. turned into golden fields of wheat and there was a large white horse running around. Also, when the walls weren’t turning into farm produce, they were covered in beautiful poems & graffiti. Weird. But, given my propensity for having nightmares, I think these visions were not too bad in the scheme of things.
- I have very small feet. This means much of my shoe collection was bought in the children’s department of Target. It also means I have to look very closely at all details and patterns on the shoes, in case I inadvertently buy a pair with Barbie or Bratz emblazoned on them. It has happened.
- I don’t like the Twilight series, books or films. I’m sorry.
- I can swim but can’t dive or jump into water without holding my nose. I can’t do that breathing-out-through-the-nose-so-water-doesn’t-get-up-it thing.
- I can’t sew. Well, I can hand stitch or embroider the hell out of something, but machine sewing? Forget it. I bought myself a sewing machine last year and have used it twice. I will, one day, overcome this lack of skill and make some clothes that people will rave about. Maybe.
- I have had the same best friend for 31 years.
So, who do I nominate for this award? Let’s see….I like :
So many clever and creative people out there. AND they find time to blog, which I think deserves an award in itself. So gold star and a chocolate watch (as my cousin would say) to everyone, whether you’re on my list or not. And thank you again Bethany Taylor of Hello Delicious.
Because it really is nice just to be nominated 🙂