I’ve hit a roadblock, a blogging “no thru road” if you will. I have been trying to write a blog post that is worth reading but they’ve all been blah. I don’t have an amazingly thrilling life, my art/craft-work is slow to materialise some weeks and then sometimes not even worth showing. I have ideas in my head but when I put them down on paper, or, in this case, the screen, they’re just lame. My last few posts have had barely (if any) photos and I didn’t start off wanting to be like that. Sigh. My problem is I have a propensity for verbosity. See? Even that statement is overdone and too long. Basically I waffle on too much and take a while to get to the point. But I’m gonna try harder to be succinct and make my posts short and sweet. Fingers crossed.
I recently saw an article about journaling and it gave a few ideas for when you are stumped or lacking creativity and need some inspiration. Here are some of their starting points (which I’m going to steal for blogging rather than scrapbooking…):
IDEAS (Thank you Creating Keepsakes, Jan 2006)
- What’s your favourite colour and what does it say about you?
- List three dreams for your future.
- How did you spend your last $10.00?
- Describe your best and worst character traits
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever given?
- Have you ever had a wish come true and then wished it hadn’t?
- What’s your favourite songs(s) and why?
- What song lyrics best describe your life at this very moment?
- Describe the contents of your purse at this moment.
- If you could choose one makeover show to be on, which would you choose and why?
- Describe how your daily routine has changed from the time you were a teenager to your life as it is today.
- What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever done?
So, there’s a few things to try if I ever get really stuck and need to write something. Hope they come in handy for you too.