I am always amazed that I have any followers – especially with the hit-and-miss style of posting I use (or, rather, don’t use, at the moment as I am finding it difficult to find the time to post anything). At the moment I have 103 followers for which I am very grateful (so, thank you to all of you) and hope that I can sustain that number and perhaps even increase it. This week I have been lucky enough to be nominated for two blogging awards : The Liebster Award from Poppy of Poppy’s Patisserie/Bunny Kitchen & The Versatile Blogger Award from Wilma of Perpetual Art and Craft. Thank you to both ladies for nominating me – check out their blogs at the links provided 🙂
Both awards come with some rules attached. I’m going to try hard to follow them and do as instructed. So, for the Leibster Award (which I believe is for blogs with less than 200 followers), the rules are as follows:
• Post 11 random facts about yourself.
• Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you.
• Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
• Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post.
• Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated
• No tag backs.
So here goes…
11 Random Facts About Me
- I love stationery. Notebooks, paper, files, index cards, diaries…all that stuff. Heaven!
- I love animals. Over the course of my life I’ve had dogs, cats, bats, geese, chickens, swallows, doves, magpies, parrots, ducks, quail, sheep, turkeys, guinea pigs, rabbits and kangaroos. Oh and fish. And mice. A couple of lizards. Other people’s horses and donkeys. At the moment I have no animals in my house and that makes me sad. Stupid rental rules.
- Blue is my favourite colour.
- I have little feet.
- I cry when people sing, in harmony, together. I just find it makes me overwhelmed and emotional.
- When I was four, I thought Olivia Newton John were two people – Olivia Newt & John. I got confused because John Travolta’s name was, er, John. Easy mistake to make.
- I have dabbled in witchcraft. But only for good reasons.
- I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
- My cousin and I share a weird & spooky psychic connection.
- My favourite song ever is Don MacLean’s “American Pie”.
- I am an insomniac.
Now to answer the questions set by Poppy;
What’s your favourite cookbook? I have one by Alison Holst, that I use quite a lot – “The Best of Home Cooking”. I love cookbooks in general though…I have lots!
What is the worst kitchen disaster you’ve ever had? Hmmm, I don’t know that I’ve ever had a major disaster… One year Mum and I forgot to cook our Christmas dinner – we served up food for everybody else and forgot to cook our own (vegetarian) meal!
If you could become a non-human animal, what would you choose to be and why? Probably a bird. Can I say a bird? Not really an animal though…maybe a cat if not a bird. A well looked after cat that is spoilt and lives a happy life.
What dish do you make most often? I would have said Brownies before but I don’t make them as often now that I can’t eat chocolate. Salad – I eat a lot of salad!
If you had to emigrate to a country of your choice, where would it be? England or Canada. Although both places are too cold for me! I
If you wrote a book, what would it be about? Probably a crafty book (if non-fiction) or a urban-fairytale kind of book. I love Alice Hoffman and Charles De Lint…
What’s the weirdest thing you ever ate? Can’t think of anything for that one.
Where’s the weirdest place you ever went? Nashville was a bit kooky. Maybe it’s the humidity, I’m not sure.
Do you have an embarrassing/cheesey nickname? My hubby used to call me Peanut.
What’s your favourite website? I’m not much of a web surfer…there’s lots of lovely sites to look at but I don’t really have favourites.
What is your favourite charity? I try to help out the animal ones as much as I can – WSPA, RSPCA, IFAW, Save the Bears etc. I also support World Vision and The Red Cross.
Wow, they were really boring answers! I hope you’re still awake! I now have to ask eleven questions for my nominated bloggers:
- If you could have any super power, what would it be?
- What’s the longest amount of time you’ve kept and worn an item of clothing?
- What’s your favourite era?
- What were you good at in school?
- Where do you want to be in 10 year’s time?
- Where were you 10 year’s ago?
- Cheese or chocolate?
- If you were a flower, which kind would you be?
- What’s your all-time favourite book?
- Sneakers or heels?
- What would your friends say is your most-annoying habit?
Ok, so on to my nominated bloggers/blogs:
- This Rosy Life
- Sugar & Cloth
- Kate’s Creative Space
- California Pixie
- Winter Owls
- The Handmade Card Blog
- Gone Pickin’
- Crow’s Feet Chic
- The Cranky Queen
- The Clever Bunny
I will commence “following the rules” of the Versatile Blogger Award in an upcoming post. I don’t want to overwhelm you with questions and answers and blog-links and whatnot today. Plus, I am lazy. That’s the main reason.
Hope you are all having a lovely Saturday in whatever little part of the world you call home. Thank you again to all my followers and my fellow bloggers Poppy & Wilma for nominating me. Much appreciated 🙂 I’m off to Roller Derby in a moment – not to participate, of course (I have enough trouble walking without falling down, let alone on skates) but to watch and cheer on the gals in their hotpants (brave in this weather) and to pine over and lust after the hot chips everyone walks around eating in front of me. 🙂