Hi there – thanks for stopping by. It’s so nice to have all these lovely new friends from all over. I appreciate all your comments and “likes” and “follows”, I really do. I am excited each day to see who’s written to me or how many followers I have. I also worry daily about whether I am posting anything decent or if I’m posting enough at all (which I know I’m not).
I’ve been nominated for an “Inspiring Blogger” Award by the lovely Audra of Joyosphere and you should definitely have a look at her blog too. She has some great posts about all things to do with the home and family life, plus she’s a fellow librarian so, you know, she gets extra points for that. 🙂
There are some rules for the award acceptance….
- Link back to the blogger who so kindly nominated you!
- Post the image of the award…. I think I’ve successfully done that, I hope…
- Share 7 random facts about yourself…I am pretty random in general so there’s lots of things I could list, but I’ll stick to the following seven:
1. I used to be a lot bigger than I am now. I once lost about 25-30kg. I was basically a big round ball on legs. Fat, stumpy legs. I live in fear of returning to that state. It is a constant battle.
2. I once sold dog food door-to-door. I only lasted one day. I hated it.
3. I used to collect pigs. Not real ones, just ornamental piggies. It started when my brother bought me a gorgeous piggy bank and went from there. I had hundreds of them but then one day just got fed up and didn’t want to collect them any more. Most of them ended up in op shops and garage sales. I hope they found happy homes! Other things I have collected – erasers, stickers and stamps.
4. I have had the same best friend for 32 years. It’s a miracle she isn’t sick of me yet. I should be careful to hang on to her…she knows too much about me!
5. I love the ocean on dark and stormy days when the sky is black and the waves are angry and crashing about. I love storms in general.
6. I’d really like to dye my hair purple but I am too chicken.
7. I can’t stand coriander (also called cilantro). It is gross and smells like vomit to me. Yuck.
So there you are. Not very exciting but definitely random!
I also have to nominate 15 bloggers for the same award. I plan on doing a special post on that so I will keep you posted (pardon the pun). I am particularly bad about this last rule – I just always seem to forget to do it so I will try extra hard to not put it off for too long.
Gotta go and serve up some dinner for me and the hubby. It’s a cold, miserable night again and soup is the order of the day. I’d eat soup for dinner every night if I could. Especially Green Soup. I make this about once a week and have it for lunches too if there’s enough left over. I just saute some onions until they’re translucent, chuck in some chopped celery (about 4 stalks) and let that cook a little bit. Then I add in some chopped zucchini (one whole one) and some frozen baby peas (about a cup or so). Add enough stock to cover and let it simmer away until all the vegies are soft and ready to be blitzed. In the meantime, blanch a handful of snowpeas in some boiling water for about a minute. Drain them and let them sit in some cold water (this helps them keep their colour and flavour). Chuck them into the rest of the soupy mix when you’re ready to blend and blitz until smooth. Season as necessary. I usually sprinkle a little bit of parmesan on top and just a little bit of black pepper. Yummo! Serve with some nice warm bread or cheesy scones. Delish!
Whatever you’re having for dinner tonight, hope it is exactly what you’ve been wanting all day and that you can share it with some good company 🙂