“..Learn character from trees, values from roots and change from leaves…”
— Tasneem Hameed
I was going to skip this step in the blogging challenge, because I had already done several “Random Facts” posts about myself and I was running out of random… But then I thought “Who am I kidding? I am completely random!” so I shouldn’t really have any issues with finding things about myself to write about. Maybe. Or I could be in for a really difficult and dull time. And you’re along for the ride, poor things. Nevertheless, here goes :
Twenty Facts About Me
- I don’t like stinky cheeses. Except for Gorgonzola. It is a different, refined kind of stinky.
- I have terrible balance. I can’t walk in a straight line. If I ever get pulled over by the police and asked to do that straight-line-walking thing, they will immediately arrest me for being inebriated.
- I am a librarian but I don’t want to be.
- I don’t get the whole Brad Pitt thing. I’m sure he’s a very nice man but I don’t know what all the fuss is about. I’m sure he wouldn’t think I was all that and a bag of chips either. Which is fair enough.
- There are two TV shows I can watch over and over again and never get bored with – Seinfeld and MASH.
- I have a ridiculously large collection of scarves. The only good thing about Winter is scarves.
- I can’t make decisions.
- People think I am very stoic, calm and sensible. I am, in reality, the complete opposite. Overly emotional, ridiculously anxiety-prone and pretty darn good at catastrophising.
- I am a sleep-walker. Not as much these days but, when I was younger, I would wake up in weird places.
- I really don’t like mole rats. They are the one creature I just can’t get behind. I’m sure they’re great, and I wouldn’t want them to be extinct or anything, but I find them creepy and gross. They’re like little hairless nightmares.
- I have Gilbert’s Syndrome. This produces elevated levels of unconjugated bilirubin in my bloodstream. It doesn’t have any serious affects. It does, however, make me turn yellow if I am particularly stressed or unwell or fasting. One of my doctors found out by accident that I had it – he was blood testing for all sorts of things and this turned up.
- I can’t stand it when people walk without lifting their feet. That whole dragging your feet thing – ugh! Pick your feet up, Schleppy!
- When I was six, I fell in the playground and sliced my face open on some wood. I needed stitches and still have the scar. I remember walking back to class with blood pouring down my face, and sitting in the car on the way to the hospital with my brother cuddling me but not looking at me because he can’t stand blood.
- I used to be in an Academic Extension Program in primary school. They thought I was smart. I wasn’t. I did get awarded Dux of the school when I graduated, but I think there was some sort of error. But I’m not giving it back now.
- I didn’t learn to ride a bike until I was 12. I learnt to fall off one (repeatedly) shortly after that.
- I can’t wear high heels. Just can’t. Don’t ask me to.
- I’m a little bit allergic to wool.
- I’m very allergic to the Kardashians. They bring me out in hives.
- I am always cold.
- Tea is my favourite thing to drink. There is no time that is not appropriate for tea, as far as I am concerned. It is a salve to all that ails me. Also, cookies generally accompany tea, and that’s never a bad thing.
So that’s it. I struggled a bit there…there’s not really many things to tell about me. I’d like to say I have been sky-diving or that I graduated from some prestigious University or that I am curing cancer but, mostly, I am pretty dull. But that’s that challenge over and done with now! Onwards and upwards!
Have a great day everyone 🙂
“We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us.”
— Jean Paul Sartre