My bag (or, rather, bags – I have too many of them) generally contains more than it should. I am a hoarder in all areas of my life, why should the contents of my handbag be any different? I am terrible at clearing it out regularly and it usually has about six months’ worth of receipts in it. Also, about eight hundred tissues – used or not, who can tell? – and at least three pens, possibly leaking or not working at all.
So, today’s bag-hoard contains :
- A Pair of tongs – This is because I cannot reach those stupid ticket machine thingies in the car parks (when you have to lean out your window). Whose arms are that long? Certainly not mine. I usually end up putting my neck out. So, I have tongs. I will take them out of the bag and just leave them in the car today though. Promise.
- Concert ticket – A couple of weeks ago, in the midst of my house-buying anxiety, I went to a concert with my cousin. I had been looking forward to it for months but was so not in the mood to go that night. In fact, an hour before hand, I was having a major meltdown and crying so hard I gave myself a massive nose bleed. Over-dramatic much? Anyway, the concert was AWESOME!!! It was called “Totally 80s” and featured lots of one-hit wonders and some more successful musical acts of the 80s. Wa Wa Nee, Martika, Berlin, Real Life, Men Without Hats and Paul Lekakis. It was great. They were all SO GOOD and sounded amazing. It was a nice distraction for me and, predictably, I have held on to my ticket. But it is going in the bin today. Really and truly. Pinky swear.
- Purse – Well, obviously my purse is gonna be in there. It contains no money but does have lots of receipts and a tonne of other crap in it.
- House-buying documents and whatnot – I am currently carrying all my documents and forms and everything to do with my new house around with me like a pack horse. I am paranoid something dramatic will happen and I will need the information immediately. This is unlikely now, with settlement a week away. But I am not very smart and apparently like to lug stuff around.
- Gloves – I feel the cold. We all know this. I have a pair of black knitted gloves that have skeleton bones printed on them. They are children’s gloves. I have tiny hands.
- Bandaids – my dermatillomania is kicking my butt at the moment so I am trying to keep it under control by keeping my fingers covered. I keep bandaids on hand at all times. I buy bazillions of them.
- Numerous set of keys – I have house keys, car keys, my Mum’s house keys, friends’ house keys, lots of keys to work etc. Basically I jangle when I walk.
- Phone – The dreaded mobile phone. I am not one of those people who is constantly on their phone. I forget to even look at it half the time and mostly use it as a clock. I HATE talking on my mobile and I never answer it when I am driving. Don’t text and drive, people! I actually bought a new iPhone about 6 months ago. I haven’t switched over to it yet (because I am a chronic procrastinator) and am still using my extremely ancient iPhone that has multiple issues. Basically, it is dying, poor lamb.
- Teabags – Um, yes, I carry teabags around with me. Mostly green tea and lemon ones. Just in case I go somewhere – to someone’s house for instance – and they don’t have any tea. Who would such a person be and why I would be friends with them, I do not know, but it’s just in case.
- Lip balm – I have a lippy in every bag I own. Cruelty-free ones of course. If they smell nice and taste a bit like fruit/chocolate/cookies, even better.
That’s pretty much it, except for the usual “lady” products and scraps of paper and general junk. I should probably clean it out. Today even. Or tomorrow. Or in three week’s time when I move. That seems like a good idea. Then I will have a new set of keys to put in it!